Thursday, June 30, 2011

Rainbows and Butterfly



My new camera and I have become fast friends.Can't thank you enough who gave this special Father's Day gift. The camera fulfilled its internship in the Middle East very well indeed.  Last two days in the Valley have been really filled with camera special momentswhich I am happy to share with you.


My photo pal has a wonderful Leica lens with great telescopic power as evidenced by the Squaw Peak taken from our front yard! Normal power of the camera  is a fantastic 14+ and with digital assistance it can be pumped up to 28+ Like wow!


Awesome sky coloring at sunset from our backyard.


Breathtaking as clouds were tinted deep red and orange about Utah Lake to the west.


Final darkening as sun made its departure. I love this valley sky, lake, mountains.


Mom and I had a sandwich and "people watched" in the little park which leads up to Bridal Vail falls. Little fellow is passing under a canopy of green follage.


This this little lady posed for me if I was fast enough with my trigger finger. Swallow tail beauty was seeking sustinance in Joe Hafen's garden.



One more shot before she flitted away from our neighborhood.


Joe's California poppies were colorful and delightful.


These round lovlies are called purple onion.

Last evening, Wednesday, following a wonderful meal with Kent, Katherine and sometimes Blythe and Brandt, we were greeted by this lovely rainbow which arched from Rock Canyon just east of the K & K  household over the mountain to Squaw Peak.


Telescopic lens revealed a close up on the wrong end of the rainbow. The pot of gold was at the other end.

No comments:

Post a Comment